Multisource, South Africa's leading wireless technology provider, is pleased to announce the introduction of a new interference-free backhaul solution developed by Czech-based Alcoma - a global leader in the provision of wireless solutions for Ethernet, PDH, and SDH networks.
Designed as a carrier grade and licensed spectrum link, Alcoma and Multisource are now offering links in the freely available and uncongested 17GHz band.
Not only is this frequency largely unused, but it is also well outside of the frequency interferences of the mass market 2.4 and 5.8 multipoint access market.
The features of this offering include:* Capacities of up to 384Mbps full duplex
* Two x Ethernet 100Base-Tx or 1-2 x Ethernet 1000Base-Tx interfaces
* Optional additional Optical Ethernet interface (for Ethernet 1000Base-Tx)
* Optional 1+1 or 2+0 configurations
* Built-in spectrum analyser
* Indoor and outdoor surge protection
* Frequency bands 17.1-17.3GHz
* Channel bandwidths of 7Mhz, 14Mhz, 28Mhz (56MHz for the MP360 unit)
* SNMP-based diagnostics and ASD configuration, management, and diagnostic system
Alcoma has been designing and producing Ethernet/PDH/SDH point-to-point microwave radio relay links and radio equipment for the past two decades. In this time, the company has delivered in excess of 12 000 links across 26 countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America and now, through Multisource, in Africa.
The radio equipment is designed to operate on the 4GHz – 80GHz frequency bands, including 5GHz, 17GHz, 24GHz and 80GHz free-bands both in split and all outdoor design for transmission capacity from 5Mbps to 1.5Gbps.
The new partnership positions Multisource as the exclusive distribution partner for Alcoma products in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania and Kenya.