OpenWeb has welcomed Telkom's decision to decrease its IP Connect (IPC) rates by 30% and will be passing this saving on to its clients. The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has been engaging with industry to reduce the price of Telkom's IPC service as a result of its local loop unbundling document that was released at the end of last year.
OpenWeb's CEO, Keoma Wright, says the cost of the IPC service is the single most expensive ingredient in the make-up of ADSL.
“Although we believe that Telkom can cut prices even further, we welcome this announcement, as it is really long overdue. I sincerely believe this reduction will lead to lower costs and improved broadband for the end-user.”
The following packages will receive the price discount:
* 1Mbps Lite Uncapped will be reduced from R299 to R191
* 1Mbps Standard Uncapped will be reduced from R359 to R299
* 1Mbps Silver Uncapped will be reduced from R329 to R279
* 1Mbps Gold Uncapped will be reduced from R398 to R329
* 1Mbps Platinum Uncapped will be reduced from R979 to R789
* 384k Gold Uncapped will be reduced from R318 to R299
“New OpenWebbers will be able to take advantage of the pricing with immediate effect. Current clients will have their prices reduced from 1 May 2012 automatically,” says Wright.
For more information, contact OpenWeb on (0861) 22 44 66 or e-mail email@example.com or visit www.openweb.co.za.