Ever wondered what makes some people more successful than others? Ever wondered why some graduates struggle to find employment while their counterparts are employed almost immediately? It has a lot to do with habits that they have and a positive mental attitude.
Rosebank College, an educational brand of the Independent Institute of Education, has put together tips for success geared at helping you ace whatever you do, whether it's learning or the world of work.
1. You can never know it all, make sure that you are always looking at learning more than you already know.
2. Cut the excuses. We all make mistakes but it's how you deal with it that really matters at the end of the day. Take responsibility for your mistakes and learn from them.
3. Don't wait to be heard, no-one is ever going to invite you to speak. Share your ideas and be assertive, otherwise you will go unnoticed.
4. Volunteer as much as you can. Volunteering opens doors you would never have dreamt of.
5. Ask relevant questions. That's pretty self-explanatory.
6. Find a mentor. Getting career advice from someone in your field or someone you respect is very valuable to your career development.
7. Be professional at all time – make sure you don't overstep the boundaries between work and play.
8. Be polite, manners go a long way.
9. Don't be scared to make changes in your life or career – if something isn't working, change it.
10. Put your best foot forward, any day could be the most important day of your life.
11. Take note of what you are good at and which areas you need to work on, and work on them, it's that simple.
12. Even if you don't particularly like what you are doing, make sure that you give it your best.
13. Learn to manage your time. This is the most important skill you will ever learn.