Norton by Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced that Fujitsu will provide Norton Tablet Security, an application for Android OS, to select Fujitsu SYLISTIC M532 tablet users. Fujitsu will offer a full-featured, complimentary one-year subscription of Norton Tablet Security in multiple languages to Fujitsu STYLISTIC users in EMEA.
“With more consumers using mobile devices for both work and personal tasks, they risk much more than losing their contact information when a device is lost or stolen — someone can be gaining access to their e-mail, social networks and bank accounts,” said Dave Cole, vice-president, Mobile Products, Norton. “Having Norton installed means feeling equally confident regardless of what you do on your mobile device. Norton Tablet Security provides protection from physical and online risks from one of the most trusted brands in security.”
The Fujitsu STYLISTIC M532 media tablet with the Android 4.0 operating system is persuasively attractive in terms of both usability and elegance capabilities – making it an optimal choice for the bring-your-own-device principle, ie, using private devices for business purposes. It's precisely this form of utilisation that demands a particularly high degree of security.
“Users store a lot of personal and sensitive data on their mobile devices – so security should not be put on the backburner,” said Dieter Heiss, head of Workplace Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions. “Norton Tablet Security provides comprehensive protection: irrespective of whether malicious code has to be repelled or the device and the data on it are to be protected against misuse. An added value that we are pleased to offer our customers in full.”Norton Tablet Security protects users' data by stopping online threats and allows users to remotely lock and locate the device if it's lost or stolen, through the following key features:
* Download Threat Protection – Automatically scans all the apps and app updates downloaded to the tablet for threats.
* Anti-phishing Web Protection – Blocks fraudulent (phishing) Web sites. Protects the tablet and users' personal information when using WiFi connections, without slowing down the device.
* Web-based Remote Lock and Wipe – Enables users to block a stolen or lost tablet over the Internet, so that both the data and the device itself are protected against misuse. Moreover, the data can be completely erased at need.
* Web-Based Remote Locate – Shows the location of the tablet, so that it can be found any time, any place.
* Norton Community Watch – Collects information volunteered by millions of Norton users to spot new threats faster, identify safe files and provide stronger, more efficient protection.
* Automatic Live update with roaming detection – Automatically downloads security updates and installs them on the device - ensuring that all functions are always in line with the very latest status. If a roaming service is being used, this will be detected and no updates will be executed to help users to avoid high charges.
* Tablet Threat Protection – Detects and removes threats without affecting the tablet's performance.
The recommended retail price of Norton Tablet Security for one year is R299.