The aim is to create a green mixed-use development to conserve and promote the region’s unique biodiversity and cultural heritage, says MBDA spokesperson Luvuyo Bangazi.
- 28.The revamped Bayworld will be an edutainment facility, and include a museum, digital dome, hologram circus, interactive aquarium, sea-life sanctuary and recreational water park.
- 26.The event aimed to get role-players working together on a concrete action plan to protect and preserve heritage assets and restore Nelson Mandela Bay as a prime tourism destination.
- 23.The Heritage and Tourism Indaba theme is: 'Establishing partnerships – making heritage and tourism work for social, spatial and economic growth.
- 2.The Heritage and Tourism Indaba, on 25 October, is being convened by the Mandela Bay Development Agency.
- 29.The Heritage and Tourism Indaba, on 25 October, is being convened by the Mandela Bay Development Agency.
- 23.The economic impacts of investments in the lower Baakens precinct also include a R163 million rise in total household income.
- 10.The first outcome of the co-operative agreement is a shared calendar of Heritage Month activities for September, culminating in a Heritage and Tourism Indaba on 29 September.
- 1.The MBDA is marking its 20th anniversary with a programme of events showcasing its impact in regenerating urban spaces across the metro.
- 10.The project belongs to the Sports, Recreation, Arts and Culture Directorate and is project managed by the MBDA.
- 30.Mandela Bay Development Agency CEO Anele Qaba engaged with key sectors in his quest to build partnerships and collaborations.
- 22.The board of the Mandela Bay Development Agency announces the conclusion of the recruitment process for the post, which became available in June 2022.
- 15.The creation of the Bayworld Sanctuary and Park is currently under construction and making progress since contractors moved in earlier this year.
- 14.The creation of the Bayworld Sanctuary and Park is currently under construction and making progress since contractors moved in earlier this year.
- 8.Tasked with the mandate to stabilise the organisation, the MDBA board had little time to make eight key strategic interventions.
- 20.The project is one of two MPCs delegated to the MBDA by the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality.
- 6.The entity was established in 2003 in an effort by the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality to reverse urban decay in the inner city.
- 31.The first thrust of the MBDA strategy relates to total precinct management, an arrangement that will see the MBDA assuming service delivery roles in specifically demarcated areas.